SAFETY DATA SHEET P50 Acrylic Black Tyre Paint
Date of Issue: 9/12/14 P50
Date of Review: 06/05/21
- HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
- COMPOSITION: Information on Ingredients
- FIRST AID MEASURES
- FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES
- ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
- HANDLING AND STORAGE
- EXPOSURE CONTROLS: PERSONAL PROTECTION
- PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
- STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
- TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
- ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
- DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS
- TRANSPORT INFORMATION
- REGULATORY INFORMATION
- OTHER INFORMATION
- Product Name: P50 Acrylic Black Tyre Paint
- Other Names: N/A
- Chemical ‘Family: Styrene Acrylic Molecular formula: N/A
- Recommended Use: Outside Tyre paint. Can be applied by automatic spray system
- Supplier: Rubber Solutions Asia-Pacific Ltd ABN: PO Box 40-604 Upper Hutt
- Street Address: South Pacific Industrial Park, Railway Ave, Upper Hutt
- Telephone: 64-4-5285071
- Fax: 64-4-5285074
- Emergency phone: 027-2274026
- All other inquiries: 027-2274026
Product is classified non Hazardous
HSNO Classifications: none
Signal word: n/a
- May be harmful if swallowed
- HH20 May cause an allergic skin reaction
- HH32 May cause irritation of the respiratory tract
- HH19 May cause eye irritation
- PP31 Keep cool & protect from sunlight
- PP60 Do not breathe dust/fumes/gas/mist/vapours/spray
- PP89 Use personal protective equipment as required
- PP61 Call a POISON CENTRE or Doctor if exposed or if you feel unwell
- PR21 lf eye irritation persists, get medical advice/attention
- PP66 Do not release to the environment
Dangerous Goods Classification: n/a
|Chemical Ingredient||CAS No||Proportion (%v/v)|
|Styrene based Resin||15 - 20|
|Carbon Black||1333-86-4||5 - 10|
|Dethylene glycol||111-46-6||3 - 5|
|1,2 benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one (BIT 20)||2634-33-5||5 <1|
|Alcohols, C11-14-150-C13 – rich ethoxylated propoxylated||78330-23-1||<1|
|Naptha, petroleum, hydrotreated heavy||64742-48-9||<1|
|Water||65 - 75|
For advice, contact Poisons Information Centre (Phone: 0800 Poison 764 766) or a doctor.
If swallowed obtain medical attention
Hold eyelids apart & flush the eye continuously with running water. Consult a physician immediately.
Wash thoroughly with soap and water, and rinse will with water for 15 minutes. Consult a physician if irritation develops.
Move to fresh air immediately. Assist breathing if necessary. Consult a physician.
First Aid facilities:
Provide eye baths & safety showers close to areas were splashing may occur.
Treat according to symptoms.
- Prevent fluid from escaping to drains & waterways. Contain leaking packaging in a containment drum.
- Ensure drain valves are closed
Methods and materials for containment
Major Land Spill
- Prevent liquid from entering sewers, watercourses, or low-lying areas
- Keep public away from the area
- Shut off the source of the spill if possible to do so
- Advise authorities if substance has entered a watercourse or sewer or has contaminated soil or vegetation
- Take measures to minimise the effect on ground water
- Contain spilled liquid with sand or earth
- Consult an expert on disposal of recovered material & ensure conformity to disposal rules
Major Water Spill
- Notify the port or relevant authority & keep public away
- Shut off the source of spill if possible & safe to do so
- Confine spill if possible
- Consult an expert on disposal & ensure conformity to local regulations of disposal
Precautions tor safe handling
This product is not flammable. Keep container closed & handle with care. To avoid slip hazard, clean up any spills immediately.
Conditions for safe storage
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
National Exposure Standards
No occupational exposure standards are recommended by the National Occupational Health and Safety Commission (NOHSC) or other major overseas jurisdiction.
Biological limit values
Engineering Controls: Ventilation
Under normal operating conditions use in a well-ventilated area. At elevated temperatures or aerosol/spray applications, use local exhaust ventilation to remove fumes from operator’s breathing zone.
Personal Protective Equipment
lf an aerosol is created, then a respirator fitted with a combination organic vapour/PI filter in accordance with AS/NZS1715 and AS/NZS1716 should be worn. The type of respirator required depends upon the level of exposure. A minimum of a full face respirator is recommended to afford eye protection.
Safety glasses with side shields should be worn when handling. It is generally recognized that contact lenses should not be worn when working with chemicals because contact lenses may contribute to the severity of an eye injury.
Wear rubber gloves for routine industrial use. Wear clothing suitable for the task.
|Property||Unit of measurement||Typical value|
|Appearance||Black viscous liquid|
|Density @ 15 ℃||g/ml||~1.0|
|Vapour Pressure @ 20 ℃||℃||Not available|
|Explosive Limits||(LEL-UEL)||Not available|
|Vapour Density @ 20 ℃||kPa||Not available|
|Viscosity @ 20 ℃||cSt||Not available|
|Percent Volatiles||%||Not available|
|Solubility with Water||%w/w||100|
The values listed are indicative of this product’s physical and chemical properties. For a full product specification, please consult the Product Data Sheet.
Conditions to avoid: n/a
Hazardous decomposition products
No decomposition products except on burning. Oxides of carbon and nitrogen.
May cause health effects
May cause irritation to the eyes but will not permanently damage eye tissue
May cause Irritation
May cause irritation to respiratory tract.
Other Health Effects Information
Do not allow to enter waterways, drains or sewers. Siloxanes are removed from water by sedimentation or binding to sewage sludge. In soil, siloxanes are degraded.
No adverse effects on aquatic organisms.
Removed >90% by binding onto sewage sludge. No adverse effects on bacteria. Do not contribute to
Available from Rubber Solutions on request.
Empty-packaging-to recycling, recovery or disposal through qualified contractor.
Special Precautions for Landfill or Incineration
NOT suitable for landfill.
|Road and Rail Transport||Marine Transport||Air Transport|
|UN No.||n/a||UN No.||n/a||UN No.||n/a|
|Proper Shipping Name||P50 Tyre Paint||Proper Shipping Name||P50 Tyre Paint||Proper Shipping Name||P50 Tyre Paint|
|DG Class||n/a||DG Class||n/a||DG Class||n/a|
|Sub Risk||None||Sub Risk||None||Sub Risk||None|
|Pack Group||II||Pack Group||II||Pack Group||II|
Dangerous Goods Segregation
Not classed as dangerous goods.
The regulatory information is not intended to be comprehensive. Other regulations may apply to this material.
Environmental Risk Management Authority (ERMA) Group Standard Number:
Surface coatings and colourants (Subsidiary Hazard) Group Standard 2017
Country/Region: New Zealand
Status: Listed Poisons Schedule: None established
Reasons for issue: Add Regulatory Information in Section15. Abbreviations: NZCIC. NZ Chemical Industry Council CAS Number: Chemical Abstracts Number
- Supplier Material Safety Data Sheets
The information sourced for the preparation of this document was correct and complete at the time of writing to the best of the writer’s knowledge. The document represents the commitment to the company’s responsibilities surrounding the supply of this product, undertaken in good faith. This document should be taken as a safety guide for the product and its recommended uses, but is in no way an absolute authority. Please consult the relevant legislation and regulations governing the use and storage of this type of product.
For further information, please contact Rubber Solutions Asia-Pacific Ltd.